profile

i'm a girl who have stepped into the unknown called work and decided that schooling is better. i also have a propensity to go crazy over fried chicken wings and simply love to squeeze and over-feed my obese hamsters. my blog is a mode for expressing my love for food, movies, travel and shopping!



contact

qiuuing@gmail.com

email me if you don't feel comfortable leaving a tag :)



Lijit Search


tagboard


Sunday, April 12, 2009 @ 22:24
forlino

this is quite a late post, as it was supposed to come before dozo. but the experience was average and dozo's was so good, it was a no-brainer which should come first.


it was mum's idea to try out this restaurant at one fullerton, because she read reviews that it was quite good. we all the degustation menu ($120++). according to my sis, degustation refers to small savoury amounts, which at the end of the meal, i begged to differ.




one thing i have to give to them is the ambience. as was expected of fine dining, the place was dimly lit and elegant.


the first dish was amuse bouche, which was beef with tuna sauce. the taste went really well together, but i felt that anyone could have prepared something like that.


the bread on the other hand was really good! it was hot, buttery and salty, just the right combination. you didn't have to take it with anything else.


i ordered cosmopolitan. my sis had the long island tea (no picture here). the drinks were quite pricey, $20++ and $30++ respectively. and my sis felt that the long island tea tasted off, they added too much of a certain kind of liquor and it ruined the whole drink.




next dish was the swordfish carpaccio. VERY SALTY!!! i couldn't take the taste of it.



my family digging into the scallop with arneis wine. my mum loved how the dish was done, she was appreciating every last drop of the sauce.


next was the risotto with saffron and bone marrow. i like this dish. my dad didn't, because he detests cheese.


this was the biggest disappointment of the night! wagyu beef cheek with mashed potato. i was anticipating this dish and the beef was filled with tendons and the beef taste was so heavy (and i love beef). very sick of it after a few bites. i didn't even finish half of it.


3 milk robiola cheese with organic honey. not much of a cheese connoisseur, i gave my portion to my mum. she thought it was ok.


the saving grace. their summer berries honey ice-cream crispy pancake was very delicious! the pancake was sweet and really crunchy. and the ice-cream went really well with the berries.


after that we had petit fours with our coffee/tea. like the dessert, it was surprisingly good. the biscotti was crunchy and nutty. my sis loved the chocolate and i gave my meringue to my dad (because he was eyeing it from across the table).


evidence of my sis loving the dessert.


picture taken on our way out. first and last time at forlino. would never go back for the price and the food.

Labels: ,