profile

i'm a girl who have stepped into the unknown called work and decided that schooling is better. i also have a propensity to go crazy over fried chicken wings and simply love to squeeze and over-feed my obese hamsters. my blog is a mode for expressing my love for food, movies, travel and shopping!



contact

qiuuing@gmail.com

email me if you don't feel comfortable leaving a tag :)



Lijit Search


tagboard


Saturday, February 04, 2012 @ 08:41
a trip to far east plaza

honestly, i can't remember when was the last time i stepped into far east plaza. it must have been in my misspent youth, when orchard road was just a stone's throw away. i had definitely not visited the mall any time in recent years, so it was almost like being a tourist that day.


my sis simply refuses to let me take a picture of her, but i managed to get one of her later!

since i hadn't eaten, we decided to head to ramen ten for lunch. it was my first and last visit and the WORST $22 i have ever spent. i couldn't even finish any of the portions. the calamari rings had sotong ball fillings, potato tasted sour, soda was like drinking syrup and don't get me started on the ramen.


anyway, it was so horrible that i left the restaurant hungry and went for bubble tea.


tried lime yakult at ding tea with 100% sugar. YET it was extremely sour and tasted of no yakult. as you can see, my visit so far was dismal.

we then went shopping, which was a mood lifter! got good buys at really good prices.



then we took a bus down to meet dad to go for dinner at resorts world sentosa.



and you might have guessed, we had dinner at palio, again!




i had the same combination as my last visit because i remembered it being really fantastic, so i ordered the insalata palio (salad) and parma ham pizza. the salad did not disappoint, in fact it tasted exactly as i remembered. BUT the pizza was not as wonderful as the last time. don't get me wrong, the pizza is still thin and crispy but the ham was so sparse, we had to ration.


for dessert we had tiramisu and poached pear. i really disliked the pear. it's not like it wasn't cooked properly, but i just can't take the taste of it.

for the finale of the evening, we went to watch the crane show that we had always been missing during our previous trips.


and that's how our night ended :)




Labels: , ,