profile

i'm a girl who have stepped into the unknown called work and decided that schooling is better. i also have a propensity to go crazy over fried chicken wings and simply love to squeeze and over-feed my obese hamsters. my blog is a mode for expressing my love for food, movies, travel and shopping!



contact

qiuuing@gmail.com

email me if you don't feel comfortable leaving a tag :)



Lijit Search


tagboard


Sunday, August 28, 2011 @ 23:44
bather's @ clementi arcade

a few years ago, my aunt brought me to this restaurant at sunset way. i was rather surprised as she lives in the east and the restaurant was actually very near my house and i have never heard of it before.

it was at this quaint italian restaurant that i had my first aglio olio. it changed my palate forever. i was no longer satisfied with the usual choices of tomato or cream sauce. at that time i was still schooling and could not afford to go back to the restaurant, but now that i'm working, things have changed.

and so, recently i recommended the place to my parents.


bather's is located at clementi arcade. it looked no different from the first time i went there. the dining area is still modest and simply decorated.







we were given complimentary garlic bread and potato salad.


we started off with caesar salad, a favourite dish of my dad's. the croutons were huge. the dressing was perfect. it's always hard to get a perfect mix of the dressing.


crab bisque, one of their highly raved items there. i didn't try it. the portion was quite small, but dad seemed to enjoy it.


dad and i ordered beef tenderloin, even after i specifically told him to try the house special aglio olio. the waitress told me that the beef would be on a hot plate, so i ordered medium rare, but it came on a normal plate. the doneness was fine at the sides, but got a bit rare in the middle. the beef was tender, i think it might have been awesome if done medium.


and of course the seafood aglio olio. mum loved it! and that's saying something!



the only think i didn't like about the meal was the dessert. for an italian restaurant, their tiramisu was a flop. it didn't taste like tiramisu at all. no liquor, no ladyfingers. just like a plain chocolate cake.


i think my mum's thinking of going there for spaghetti soon!

Labels: ,